Glenn A. MarquisJuly 13,2013
Glenn A. MarquisGlenn A. Marquis
DORSET — Glenn Allen Marquis, 60, died July 11, 2013, at home.
He was born Dec. 4, 1952, in Rutland and grew up in Wallingford where he graduated from high school in 1970.
Mr. Marquis and his late identical twin brother, Gary, played guitar and sang at local venues. Later, he was employed as a projectionist in Ellsworth, Maine, in the health insurance industry, by several car dealerships, by RGIS Inventory, as a golf instructor for the USGTF, trialing golf equipment for Links New England, by Home Depot and the U.S. Census Bureau.
He enjoyed playing Texas Hold’em, golf and reading.
Survivors include his longtime companion and caregiver, Judy Carpenter, and their son, Nicholas Marquis; a daughter, Sarah Kemp of Cornwall, and a son, Michael Marquis; and five brothers.
The private graveside service will be held Monday, July 15, in St. Patrick Cemetery in Wallingford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Donor Services, PO Box 4072, Pittsfield, MA 01202.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.