HYDE PARK — A Wolcott man is pleading not guilty for the third time to a charge he shot and killed his neighbor following an argument 13 years ago.
The legal proceedings against 63-year-old Dennis Tribble began for the third time Friday after the Vermont Supreme Court overturned jury verdicts convicting him after two previous trials.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Tribble acted as his own lawyer Friday with attorney Dan Sedon acting as his standby-counsel.
Tribble refused to attend his first trial in 2002. The verdict was thrown out after the Supreme Court ruled he should have been there.
A lawyer represented him during his 2009 trial, but that verdict was thrown out because the jury heard videotaped testimony about his mental state at the time of the shooting.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.