Vt. television station to launch weekend AM newsThe Associated Press | July 11,2013SOUTH BURLINGTON - Vermont's South Burlington-based CBS television affiliate says it's going to be launching morning news shows on the weekend.
WCAX-TV announced Wednesday the Saturday and Sunday shows would be precedent setting move for the Vermont, northern New York and New Hampshire television market it broadcasts to.
WCAX President Peter Martin says the station is responding to requests from viewers who asked for early morning news on the weekends.
The weekend morning news broadcasts, which will include news, sports and weather, will begin on Sept. 7 and air from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation