Flash flooding threatens some roads in Vt. townThe Associated Press | July 11,2013BROOKLINE - The latest round of flash flooding in Vermont has threatened several roads in the town of Brookline.
State police say a large beaver pond upstream from a road was breached, causing a large amount of water to rush downstream and overwhelm a small stream in the area early Thursday.
Police say Hill Road has been closed between Grassy Brook Road and Kirsch Road for an undetermined amount of time for repairs. Grassy Brook Road just south of the intersection of Hill Road, near the old Brookline School, will be open to a single lane of travel until a bridge that was overrun with water can be examined.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON — Vermont State Police say they have made an arrest in the hit and run death of ... Full StoryPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation