Winooski council votes to oppose F-35s at airportThe Associated Press | July 11,2013BURLINGTON - The Winooski City Council has voted unanimously to oppose plans by the Air Force to base F-35 fighter planes at Burlington International Airport with the Vermont National Guard.
The Burlington Free Press reported that the council's 4-0 vote was taken Wednesday night, two days after the South Burlington City Council voted to reverse its previous opposition to stationing the planes at the airport.
Much of Winooski is located off the north end of the airport runway. Health and property values topped the reasons for opposing having the planes based there.
The Winooski council will formalize its resolution on the F-35s on Friday.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — The U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation