Block party today in city's Northwest neighborhoodStaff Report | July 11,2013Residents in part of Rutland's northwest neighborhood are invited out for some ice cream, flowers and a chance to meet their neighbors today.
A block party centered on 50 Roberts Ave. will run from 5 to 8 p.m. with free sundaes from Stewarts, free flowers and painted planter cans and facepainting for kids.
Neighbors from Roberts Avenue, which runs from Church Street to North Main Street are invited as are residents on Kingsley Avenue, Seabury Street, Library Avenue and Kendall Avenue.
Organizer Orla Dundas said she has gone door to door on those streets and distributed fliers for the event.
Anyone with questions can reach Dundas at 775-3544.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.