Ascutney will host VMBA bike festival this weekendStaff Report | July 11,2013WEST WINDSOR — The Vermont Mountain Bike Association is hitting the trails and taking their signature event to southern Vermont this weekend.
The sixth annual Vermont Mountain Bike Festival will be at the Sports Trails of Ascutney Basin in West Windsor, where riders from all over the region and beyond hit the bike trails for fun times, camaraderie and more. The festival will have guided rides for all abilities, food, demos, music and activities for all ages.
“It’s a good mix between Vermont, Massachusetts and Montreal,” Tom Stuessy, VMBA executive director, said. “Having the festival at Ascutney opens it up to more riders in western Mass., where there is a strong riding culture. There’s a whole new market for us to enjoy.”MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.