Man pleads innocent to assaultJuly 09,2013A Rutland man pleaded innocent Monday to a charge of first-degree aggravated domestic assault for alledgedly beating his girlfriend.
Jesse Neil, 31, was ordered held at the Rutland jail for a lack of $10,000 bail.
According to court documents, Neil was arrested Saturday following a fight with his girlfriend at a home on Howe Street in Rutland.
Police said he had been drinking and arguing with his girlfriend and other people. When he was asked to leave, police said, Neil refused to do so which prompted his girlfriend to lightly push him out of the way.
Police said this escalated to the point where Neil allegedly hit his girlfriend in the back of the head and grabbed her by the arm roughly.
If convicted, Neil faces up to 15 years in prison and $25,000 in fines.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.