Man pleads innocent to assaultJuly 09,2013A Rutland man pleaded innocent Monday to a charge of first-degree aggravated domestic assault for alledgedly beating his girlfriend.
Jesse Neil, 31, was ordered held at the Rutland jail for a lack of $10,000 bail.
According to court documents, Neil was arrested Saturday following a fight with his girlfriend at a home on Howe Street in Rutland.
Police said he had been drinking and arguing with his girlfriend and other people. When he was asked to leave, police said, Neil refused to do so which prompted his girlfriend to lightly push him out of the way.
Police said this escalated to the point where Neil allegedly hit his girlfriend in the back of the head and grabbed her by the arm roughly.
If convicted, Neil faces up to 15 years in prison and $25,000 in fines.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.