Police: Motorist tried to run down manStaff Report | July 09,2013Rutland City Police say a man in a pickup drove out of the downtown parking lot known as "The Pit" over the grass and sidewalk in an attempt to run down another man.
James Cabral was arrested Monday on charges of aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, unlawful mischief and careless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle, according to police.
Police said Cabral had some sort of argument with Steven Burke at Pub 42 prior to the incident, which took place at 2:25 a.m. Sunday, and was in pursuit of Burke when he drove onto the sidewalk, destroying a tree and hitting a Zero-Sort recycling container before fleeing the scene.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!