Vt. police head to Indiana to return suspectThe Associated Press | July 09,2013NEWPORT - Authorities say a man arrested in Indiana in connection with a fatal shooting in Vermont is not fighting his return to the state.
Orleans County State's Attorney Alan Franklin tells the Caledonian Record that 49-year-old Peter Lavalette of Jay waived his right to further hearings in Jasper County, Ind., on Friday.
A team from the Vermont State Police left Monday to retrieve Lavalette and bring him back for arraignment on a second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of 61-year-old George Kouzoujian.
Authorities say Lavalette was stopped for a traffic violation in Indiana and indicated he was involved in a homicide in Westfield.
Police say based on Lavalette's comments troopers found Kouzoujian dead at a residence on Fuller Road.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation