Inez W. CarrollJuly 09,2013
Inez W. CarrollInez W. Carroll
Inez W. “Beanie” Carroll, 90, died July 1, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare Center.
She was born in Vergennes, March 23, 1923, the daughter of George V. and Inez (Martin) Willard.
She attended school in Vergennes and graduated as a dental assistant.
Mrs. Carroll worked for Dr. Reardon and Dr. Dahl until she retired.
She was a member of St. Peter Church in Rutland.
She enjoyed walking, gardening, crocheting, volunteered at area nursing homes.
Survivors include a son, James Carroll III of Marshfield, Mass.; a sister, Jane Winters of Syracuse, N.Y.; eight grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Carroll was predeceased by her husband, James E. Carroll II (USN Ret.); a daughter, Joan Tuepker; and two siblings, Gertrude Cioffi and Calvin Willard.
There will be no services.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Rutland County Humane Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.