Inez W. CarrollJuly 09,2013
Inez W. CarrollInez W. Carroll
Inez W. “Beanie” Carroll, 90, died July 1, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare Center.
She was born in Vergennes, March 23, 1923, the daughter of George V. and Inez (Martin) Willard.
She attended school in Vergennes and graduated as a dental assistant.
Mrs. Carroll worked for Dr. Reardon and Dr. Dahl until she retired.
She was a member of St. Peter Church in Rutland.
She enjoyed walking, gardening, crocheting, volunteered at area nursing homes.
Survivors include a son, James Carroll III of Marshfield, Mass.; a sister, Jane Winters of Syracuse, N.Y.; eight grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Carroll was predeceased by her husband, James E. Carroll II (USN Ret.); a daughter, Joan Tuepker; and two siblings, Gertrude Cioffi and Calvin Willard.
There will be no services.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Rutland County Humane Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.