Inez W. CarrollJuly 09,2013
Inez W. CarrollInez W. Carroll
Inez W. “Beanie” Carroll, 90, died July 1, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare Center.
She was born in Vergennes, March 23, 1923, the daughter of George V. and Inez (Martin) Willard.
She attended school in Vergennes and graduated as a dental assistant.
Mrs. Carroll worked for Dr. Reardon and Dr. Dahl until she retired.
She was a member of St. Peter Church in Rutland.
She enjoyed walking, gardening, crocheting, volunteered at area nursing homes.
Survivors include a son, James Carroll III of Marshfield, Mass.; a sister, Jane Winters of Syracuse, N.Y.; eight grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Carroll was predeceased by her husband, James E. Carroll II (USN Ret.); a daughter, Joan Tuepker; and two siblings, Gertrude Cioffi and Calvin Willard.
There will be no services.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Rutland County Humane Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.