BOSTON — The Boston Bruins are sending Tyler Seguin to the Dallas Stars for fellow forward Loui Eriksson as part of a seven-player trade.
In addition to Eriksson, the Bruins are also acquiring forwards Matt Fraser, Reilly Smith and defenseman Joe Morrow in the deal announced Thursday. Dallas will receive Seguin, forward Rich Peverley and defenseman Ryan Button.
Seguin, chosen with the No. 2 pick by Boston in the 2010 draft, led the Bruins in scoring during the 2011-12 season. He was a member of the 2011 Stanley Cup championship team and was selected as an NHL All-Star in 2012.
Eriksson, a 2011 All-Star, had 29 points in 48 games for the Stars last season. He has a career plus-31 rating.
Boston was able to clear about $4.75 million in space under the salary cap.MORE IN Wire SportsAKRON, Ohio — Tiger Woods finds out over the next two weeks if his season is over or just getting... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.