Catamount Radio hosts mixerJuly 04,2013Catamount Radio
Catamount Radio will host the July Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. July 9 at 67 Merchants Row, second floor of the Opera House.
This is an opportunity to see the stations of Catamount Radio broadcast live. There will also be live, on air karaoke, hors d’oeuvres and door prizes including a Peter Huntoon watercolor print, Paramount Theatre tickets, overnight stay for two at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites, Quickprint gift certificate and “Burger & Brew” for four at Mountain Top Inn & Resort.
Enter to win a Rutland-Boston round trip ticket on Cape Air.
For more information, call 773-2747.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.