Guilty plea for driving 111 mph on Route 103July 04,2013CLARENDON — A local man charged with driving at more than twice the legal speed limit on Route 103 pleaded guilty this week to a misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to pay a $200 fine.
Donald E. Mailhiot, 41, was clocked by Vermont State Police driving his 2002 Honda Accord at 111 mph in a posted 50 mph section of the two-lane highway on May 13, according to court records.
Mailhiot was stopped by police without incident and apologized for his actions, which he said were spurred by a relationship issue.MORE IN This Just InRutland roared into the record books Tuesday with a new national mark for blood collected in a... Full Story
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation