Guilty plea for driving 111 mph on Route 103July 04,2013CLARENDON — A local man charged with driving at more than twice the legal speed limit on Route 103 pleaded guilty this week to a misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to pay a $200 fine.
Donald E. Mailhiot, 41, was clocked by Vermont State Police driving his 2002 Honda Accord at 111 mph in a posted 50 mph section of the two-lane highway on May 13, according to court records.
Mailhiot was stopped by police without incident and apologized for his actions, which he said were spurred by a relationship issue.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.