French, Vt. mayors
BURLINGTON — The mayor of the French city that produced the explorer who discovered Lake Champlain are in Vermont to mark a sister-cities agreement with Burlington.
Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger signed a friendship agreement Wednesday with Mayor Michel LaMarre of Honfleur, a city in the Lower Normandy regional of France.
Lamarre and others from Honfleur are in Vermont to mark the signing of a Friendship Agreement.
Marcelle Leahy, the wife of U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy, also will attend with her husband. Her ancestors came from the Normandy region of France.
French explorer Samuel de Champlain was the leader of a 1609 expedition of the first Europeans to see Lake Champlain.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation