Charles M. McDonald Sr.July 03,2013Charles M. McDonald Sr.
BENNINGTON — Charles M. “Chuck” McDonald Sr., 65, died Sunday, June 30, 2013, following a long illness.
He was a lifelong resident of Bennington.
He was a member of the Pownal American Legion and the North Adams Elks Lodge.
He enjoyed playing bingo.
Survivors include his wife Jo Ann McDonald of Bennington; three sons, Charles McDonald Jr., Derek McDonald and Walter McDonald Sr., all of Bennington; nine grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held Friday, July 5, 2013, at 1 p.m. at the Center Shaftsbury Cemetery in Shaftsbury.
Memorial contributions may be made to the support of the family to Jo Ann McDonald, care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,