Charles M. McDonald Sr.July 03,2013Charles M. McDonald Sr.
BENNINGTON — Charles M. “Chuck” McDonald Sr., 65, died Sunday, June 30, 2013, following a long illness.
He was a lifelong resident of Bennington.
He was a member of the Pownal American Legion and the North Adams Elks Lodge.
He enjoyed playing bingo.
Survivors include his wife Jo Ann McDonald of Bennington; three sons, Charles McDonald Jr., Derek McDonald and Walter McDonald Sr., all of Bennington; nine grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held Friday, July 5, 2013, at 1 p.m. at the Center Shaftsbury Cemetery in Shaftsbury.
Memorial contributions may be made to the support of the family to Jo Ann McDonald, care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool