Charles M. McDonald Sr.July 03,2013Charles M. McDonald Sr.
BENNINGTON — Charles M. “Chuck” McDonald Sr., 65, died Sunday, June 30, 2013, following a long illness.
He was a lifelong resident of Bennington.
He was a member of the Pownal American Legion and the North Adams Elks Lodge.
He enjoyed playing bingo.
Survivors include his wife Jo Ann McDonald of Bennington; three sons, Charles McDonald Jr., Derek McDonald and Walter McDonald Sr., all of Bennington; nine grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Graveside services will be held Friday, July 5, 2013, at 1 p.m. at the Center Shaftsbury Cemetery in Shaftsbury.
Memorial contributions may be made to the support of the family to Jo Ann McDonald, care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.