Elsie M. BallantineJune 29,2013Elsie M. Ballantine
CAVENDISH — Elsie M. Ballantine passed away on June 13, 2013, to be with the Jesus she loved.
She was born Jan. 7, 1936, in New London, N.H., daughter of Kenneth Danforth and Pearl (Wescott) Danforth.
Elsie married James Ballantine Jr. on June 2, 1955. This union produced two lovely daughters, Doreen Watkins of Springfield and Lisa Blair of Cavendish, Vt., and their spouses Rodney Watkins and Russell Blair.
She had six wonderful brothers, Harry, Richard, Robert, William, Donald and Russell, and four adoring sisters, Marion, Lucille, Ellen and Shirley. Elsie loved her siblings and enjoyed their company as often as she could.
Elsie also leaves behind the grandchildren she adored, James, Jillian, Jared, Aimee and Ben; also her great-grandchildren, Breanna, Jacob, Aubry, Holley, Taylor, Ava and Marcello. She was predeceased by a daughter named Victoria, and her precious first grandson Chadwick. Along with her parents and most of her siblings, Elsie is looking forward to a grand reunion in Heaven.
Elsie’s joys in life were her family, her many beautiful flower beds, and the good friends at United Methodist Church in Proctorsville, of which she was a member.
A graveside service will be held at the Cavendish Cemetery on Saturday, July 13, 2013, at 11 a.m., with Pastor Ken White officiating. Friends and family are invited to celebrate Elsie’s life. They are also invited to the Methodist Church after, for food and drink.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to the Humane Society in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.