ST. ALBANS — Vermont State Police arrested a Missouri man early Friday morning after raiding a suspected methamphetamine lab in an apartment in St. Albans.
Travis Clemmons, 30, of St. Louis pleaded not guilty Friday to a charge of conspiracy to manufacture the drug.
The office of the Franklin County state’s attorney is prosecuting the case.
The arrest came after the Vermont Drug Task Force removed chemicals used in making methamphetamine from an apartment on Thursday, authorities said.
No one was home at the time.
The site was rendered safe by a state hazardous materials team and the state police Clandestine Laboratory Team.
Police learned Thursday night that Clemmons had been staying at a hotel in St. Albans, but he left before police arrived, authorities said. He was found at 1:40 a.m. Friday hiding in a drainage ditch near the hotel and arraigned later in the day, police said.
He is being held on $150,000 bail at the Northwest State Correctional Facility in St. Albans.
The investigating is ongoing, police said.MORE IN Vermont NewsSOUTH BURLINGTON — Republican gubernatorial candidate Scott Milne is proposing using state funds... Full StoryMONTPELIER — Facing off in their last debate ahead of Tuesday’s midterm election, the top three... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.