ST. ALBANS — Vermont State Police arrested a Missouri man early Friday morning after raiding a suspected methamphetamine lab in an apartment in St. Albans.
Travis Clemmons, 30, of St. Louis pleaded not guilty Friday to a charge of conspiracy to manufacture the drug.
The office of the Franklin County state’s attorney is prosecuting the case.
The arrest came after the Vermont Drug Task Force removed chemicals used in making methamphetamine from an apartment on Thursday, authorities said.
No one was home at the time.
The site was rendered safe by a state hazardous materials team and the state police Clandestine Laboratory Team.
Police learned Thursday night that Clemmons had been staying at a hotel in St. Albans, but he left before police arrived, authorities said. He was found at 1:40 a.m. Friday hiding in a drainage ditch near the hotel and arraigned later in the day, police said.
He is being held on $150,000 bail at the Northwest State Correctional Facility in St. Albans.
The investigating is ongoing, police said.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.