ST. ALBANS — Vermont State Police arrested a Missouri man early Friday morning after raiding a suspected methamphetamine lab in an apartment in St. Albans.
Travis Clemmons, 30, of St. Louis pleaded not guilty Friday to a charge of conspiracy to manufacture the drug.
The office of the Franklin County state’s attorney is prosecuting the case.
The arrest came after the Vermont Drug Task Force removed chemicals used in making methamphetamine from an apartment on Thursday, authorities said.
No one was home at the time.
The site was rendered safe by a state hazardous materials team and the state police Clandestine Laboratory Team.
Police learned Thursday night that Clemmons had been staying at a hotel in St. Albans, but he left before police arrived, authorities said. He was found at 1:40 a.m. Friday hiding in a drainage ditch near the hotel and arraigned later in the day, police said.
He is being held on $150,000 bail at the Northwest State Correctional Facility in St. Albans.
The investigating is ongoing, police said.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — The son and daughter of a Vermont World War I veteran received a Purple Heart at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.