ST. ALBANS — Vermont State Police arrested a Missouri man early Friday morning after raiding a suspected methamphetamine lab in an apartment in St. Albans.
Travis Clemmons, 30, of St. Louis pleaded not guilty Friday to a charge of conspiracy to manufacture the drug.
The office of the Franklin County state’s attorney is prosecuting the case.
The arrest came after the Vermont Drug Task Force removed chemicals used in making methamphetamine from an apartment on Thursday, authorities said.
No one was home at the time.
The site was rendered safe by a state hazardous materials team and the state police Clandestine Laboratory Team.
Police learned Thursday night that Clemmons had been staying at a hotel in St. Albans, but he left before police arrived, authorities said. He was found at 1:40 a.m. Friday hiding in a drainage ditch near the hotel and arraigned later in the day, police said.
He is being held on $150,000 bail at the Northwest State Correctional Facility in St. Albans.
The investigating is ongoing, police said.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.