BURLINGTON — Police in the Vermont city of Burlington are warning about a phone scam targeting elderly victims in Winooski.
Police said the victims were told that their relatives were in custody of the Burlington Police Department and that they needed to send money to an international location.
Police said Thursday that they have received two complaints about the phone scam.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation