Drug charges net jail timeJune 26,2013A Rutland woman will serve less than two years in prison after pleading guilty to federal charges of conspiring to sell heroin and crack cocaine.
Darlene Palmer, 45, received a 20-month sentence from U.S. District Court Judge J. Gavin Murtha, who also ordered Palmer to undergo three years of supervision upon her release from prison.
According to court records, Palmer conspired with Annette Rider, 45, of Rutland, to distribute heroin and crack in Rutland during the spring of 2011. During that time, the Vermont Drug Task Force made several controlled purchases from Palmer and Rider. In August, a grand jury returned an indictment charging the two with conspiracy and several counts of distribution.
In September, Palmer and Rider were arrested by the Drug Task Force and the Drug Enforcement Administration. Initially released on conditions, Palmer has been detained since October for violating her conditions of release.
Rider is scheduled for sentencing on August 26.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and sports reporter Tom Haley discuss some of the stories... Full StorySPRINGFIELD - Rescue crews from Springfield and Hartford's swiftwater rescue team Tuesday morning... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.