Drug trafficker gets 51 monthsJune 26,201351-month term for
A Philadelphia man was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison for bringing oxycodone to Rutland.
Andrew Williams, 25, was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court following his guilty plea to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone. He will also serve three years of supervised release once he gets out of prison.
Prosecutors said local police and federal investigators were led to Williams last year after they arrested a local dealer to whom he had supplied several thousand pills. Investigators used an informant to make a controlled buy from another dealer supplied by Williams, according to prosecutors, and later arranged a controlled buy involving Williams.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.