Drug trafficker gets 51 monthsJune 26,201351-month term for
A Philadelphia man was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison for bringing oxycodone to Rutland.
Andrew Williams, 25, was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court following his guilty plea to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone. He will also serve three years of supervised release once he gets out of prison.
Prosecutors said local police and federal investigators were led to Williams last year after they arrested a local dealer to whom he had supplied several thousand pills. Investigators used an informant to make a controlled buy from another dealer supplied by Williams, according to prosecutors, and later arranged a controlled buy involving Williams.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.