Drug trafficker gets 51 monthsJune 26,201351-month term for
A Philadelphia man was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison for bringing oxycodone to Rutland.
Andrew Williams, 25, was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court following his guilty plea to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone. He will also serve three years of supervised release once he gets out of prison.
Prosecutors said local police and federal investigators were led to Williams last year after they arrested a local dealer to whom he had supplied several thousand pills. Investigators used an informant to make a controlled buy from another dealer supplied by Williams, according to prosecutors, and later arranged a controlled buy involving Williams.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation