Drug trafficker gets 51 monthsJune 26,201351-month term for
A Philadelphia man was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison for bringing oxycodone to Rutland.
Andrew Williams, 25, was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court following his guilty plea to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone. He will also serve three years of supervised release once he gets out of prison.
Prosecutors said local police and federal investigators were led to Williams last year after they arrested a local dealer to whom he had supplied several thousand pills. Investigators used an informant to make a controlled buy from another dealer supplied by Williams, according to prosecutors, and later arranged a controlled buy involving Williams.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.