Drug trafficker gets 51 monthsJune 26,201351-month term for
A Philadelphia man was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison for bringing oxycodone to Rutland.
Andrew Williams, 25, was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court following his guilty plea to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone. He will also serve three years of supervised release once he gets out of prison.
Prosecutors said local police and federal investigators were led to Williams last year after they arrested a local dealer to whom he had supplied several thousand pills. Investigators used an informant to make a controlled buy from another dealer supplied by Williams, according to prosecutors, and later arranged a controlled buy involving Williams.MORE IN This Just InPolice are seeking information about a pair of robberies in Rutland and Wallingford Wednesday night. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.