Woman ID’d as victim in fatalityJune 26,2013Woman identified
as victim in fatality
AMSDEN — Vermont State Police have identified the victim of a fatal crash involving a car and a motorcycle on Route 131.
Jennifer Bixby, 33, of Springfield died of injuries suffered in the crash Friday night. She was a passenger on a motorcycle operated by Jeremy Desmarais, 39, also of Springfield.
Both Bixby and Desmarais were taken to Springfield Hospital, where Bixby died from her injuries, Desmarais suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The driver of the car, Paul Cooper, 59, of Windham, N.H., was not injured in the crash. Police said Desmarais was westbound and Cooper eastbound at the time of the accident, which happened on a curve on Route 131.
Police delayed releasing the name of the dead woman while family members were notified.
Police said alcohol was not a factor in the crash, which is still under investigation.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and sports reporter Tom Haley discuss some of the stories... Full StorySPRINGFIELD - Rescue crews from Springfield and Hartford's swiftwater rescue team Tuesday morning... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Early modern humans interbred with Neanderthal people for hot nights in the old Stone Age, Veena in Dubrovnik, e.e. cummings takes early spring balloon ride.