Woman ID’d as victim in fatalityJune 26,2013Woman identified
as victim in fatality
AMSDEN — Vermont State Police have identified the victim of a fatal crash involving a car and a motorcycle on Route 131.
Jennifer Bixby, 33, of Springfield died of injuries suffered in the crash Friday night. She was a passenger on a motorcycle operated by Jeremy Desmarais, 39, also of Springfield.
Both Bixby and Desmarais were taken to Springfield Hospital, where Bixby died from her injuries, Desmarais suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The driver of the car, Paul Cooper, 59, of Windham, N.H., was not injured in the crash. Police said Desmarais was westbound and Cooper eastbound at the time of the accident, which happened on a curve on Route 131.
Police delayed releasing the name of the dead woman while family members were notified.
Police said alcohol was not a factor in the crash, which is still under investigation.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.