Woman ID’d as victim in fatalityJune 26,2013Woman identified
as victim in fatality
AMSDEN — Vermont State Police have identified the victim of a fatal crash involving a car and a motorcycle on Route 131.
Jennifer Bixby, 33, of Springfield died of injuries suffered in the crash Friday night. She was a passenger on a motorcycle operated by Jeremy Desmarais, 39, also of Springfield.
Both Bixby and Desmarais were taken to Springfield Hospital, where Bixby died from her injuries, Desmarais suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The driver of the car, Paul Cooper, 59, of Windham, N.H., was not injured in the crash. Police said Desmarais was westbound and Cooper eastbound at the time of the accident, which happened on a curve on Route 131.
Police delayed releasing the name of the dead woman while family members were notified.
Police said alcohol was not a factor in the crash, which is still under investigation.MORE IN This Just In(Editor’s note: This is the first in a five-part series looking into the investigation of... Full StoryMORETOWN — An invite into the Moretown home of Emily Johnson and Brian Mohr shows that they live... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.