Casella Waste Systems reports fourth quarter lossJune 26,2013Staff Report
Casella Waste Systems reported Wednesday a fourth quarter loss of $13.4 million, or 34 cents a share, compared to a loss of $49.1 million, or $1.83 a share for the same quarter last year.
For the quarter ended April 30, revenues were $108.7 million, up $2.3 million, or 2.2 percent, from the same quarter last year.
"In early March, we announced our comprehensive plan to improve the operating performance of the business, and I am happy to report that we are making excellent progress," said John Casella, chairman and CEO of Casella Waste Systems.MORE IN This Just InThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.