Casella Waste Systems reports fourth quarter lossJune 26,2013Staff Report
Casella Waste Systems reported Wednesday a fourth quarter loss of $13.4 million, or 34 cents a share, compared to a loss of $49.1 million, or $1.83 a share for the same quarter last year.
For the quarter ended April 30, revenues were $108.7 million, up $2.3 million, or 2.2 percent, from the same quarter last year.
"In early March, we announced our comprehensive plan to improve the operating performance of the business, and I am happy to report that we are making excellent progress," said John Casella, chairman and CEO of Casella Waste Systems.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.