Casella Waste Systems reports fourth quarter lossJune 26,2013Staff Report
Casella Waste Systems reported Wednesday a fourth quarter loss of $13.4 million, or 34 cents a share, compared to a loss of $49.1 million, or $1.83 a share for the same quarter last year.
For the quarter ended April 30, revenues were $108.7 million, up $2.3 million, or 2.2 percent, from the same quarter last year.
"In early March, we announced our comprehensive plan to improve the operating performance of the business, and I am happy to report that we are making excellent progress," said John Casella, chairman and CEO of Casella Waste Systems.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.