Castleton town hall project advancesJune 26,2013Staff Report
CASTLETON — The town hall renovation project is moving forward.
Earlier this week an architect charged with creating a preliminary schematic design told Castleton town officials the estimated cost of the renovation of the historic brick building on Main Street was $995,329.
This price tag came in $5,329 higher than the money the town has allocated for this project through a $750,000 bond and a $240,000 donation.
At its meeting Monday night, town officials decided to move forward with the project using the estimates presented by John Berryhill of NBF Architects. By a 3-2 vote, the board voted to hire Berryhill to begin more concrete designs for the project to eventually take them to bid for the project.
Berryhill said he should the design plans in about a month.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.