Castleton town hall project advancesJune 26,2013Staff Report
CASTLETON — The town hall renovation project is moving forward.
Earlier this week an architect charged with creating a preliminary schematic design told Castleton town officials the estimated cost of the renovation of the historic brick building on Main Street was $995,329.
This price tag came in $5,329 higher than the money the town has allocated for this project through a $750,000 bond and a $240,000 donation.
At its meeting Monday night, town officials decided to move forward with the project using the estimates presented by John Berryhill of NBF Architects. By a 3-2 vote, the board voted to hire Berryhill to begin more concrete designs for the project to eventually take them to bid for the project.
Berryhill said he should the design plans in about a month.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation