Castleton town hall project advancesJune 26,2013Staff Report
CASTLETON — The town hall renovation project is moving forward.
Earlier this week an architect charged with creating a preliminary schematic design told Castleton town officials the estimated cost of the renovation of the historic brick building on Main Street was $995,329.
This price tag came in $5,329 higher than the money the town has allocated for this project through a $750,000 bond and a $240,000 donation.
At its meeting Monday night, town officials decided to move forward with the project using the estimates presented by John Berryhill of NBF Architects. By a 3-2 vote, the board voted to hire Berryhill to begin more concrete designs for the project to eventually take them to bid for the project.
Berryhill said he should the design plans in about a month.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?