Edgar R. Shaw Jr. RitesJune 26,2013Edgar R. Shaw Jr. Rites
ORWELL — A Mass of Christian burial for Edgar Richard Shaw Jr., 75, who died June 19, 2013, in Monaca, Pa., was celebrated Tuesday, June 25, 2013, in St. Paul’s Church in Orwell,
The Rev. Henry Furman, pastor, was the celebrant.
Simone Kent was organist.
A graveside committal and burial service followed the Mass in Mountain View Cemetery in Orwell. Military honors were accorded, and members of American Legion Post 55 in Brandon formed the color guard and firing squad, and were led by Robert Gearwar, sergeant at arms.
Taps was sounded by Burt Reynolds. Members of the Vermont Army National Guard in Burlington folded the flag and presented it to Mr. Shaw’s son.
Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon handled the local arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.