Edgar R. Shaw Jr. RitesJune 26,2013Edgar R. Shaw Jr. Rites
ORWELL — A Mass of Christian burial for Edgar Richard Shaw Jr., 75, who died June 19, 2013, in Monaca, Pa., was celebrated Tuesday, June 25, 2013, in St. Paul’s Church in Orwell,
The Rev. Henry Furman, pastor, was the celebrant.
Simone Kent was organist.
A graveside committal and burial service followed the Mass in Mountain View Cemetery in Orwell. Military honors were accorded, and members of American Legion Post 55 in Brandon formed the color guard and firing squad, and were led by Robert Gearwar, sergeant at arms.
Taps was sounded by Burt Reynolds. Members of the Vermont Army National Guard in Burlington folded the flag and presented it to Mr. Shaw’s son.
Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon handled the local arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.