Edgar R. Shaw Jr. RitesJune 26,2013Edgar R. Shaw Jr. Rites
ORWELL — A Mass of Christian burial for Edgar Richard Shaw Jr., 75, who died June 19, 2013, in Monaca, Pa., was celebrated Tuesday, June 25, 2013, in St. Paul’s Church in Orwell,
The Rev. Henry Furman, pastor, was the celebrant.
Simone Kent was organist.
A graveside committal and burial service followed the Mass in Mountain View Cemetery in Orwell. Military honors were accorded, and members of American Legion Post 55 in Brandon formed the color guard and firing squad, and were led by Robert Gearwar, sergeant at arms.
Taps was sounded by Burt Reynolds. Members of the Vermont Army National Guard in Burlington folded the flag and presented it to Mr. Shaw’s son.
Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon handled the local arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.