Amanda R. LoreeJune 26,2013
Amanda R. LoreeAmanda R. Loree
WALLINGFORD — Amanda Rae Loree, 21, of Wallingford died Sunday afternoon, June 23, 2013, at her home in Wallingford.
She was born on May 8, 1992, in Rutland, the daughter of Edward J. and Patricia (Walsh) Loree.
Amanda grew up in Wallingford, where she attended the local schools, graduating from Mill River Union High School in 2010. She was currently enrolled at the College of St. Joseph, entering her junior year. Amanda was majoring in child and family services.
She was employed at the Wallingford Elementary School, working with children in the after-school programs.
Amanda loved the ocean in Maine and collected panda bears. She also enjoyed studying, baking, camping and spending time with family and friends.
She was a huge supporter and participant of the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life and the team captain of Amanda’s Pandas.
Survivors include her parents Edward and Patricia Loree of Wallingford; two sisters, Erica Farnsworth and her husband Heath of Marshfield, and Shannon Loree of Wallingford; her brother Daniel Loree of Rutland; maternal grandmother Frances M. Walsh of Rutland Town; and paternal grandmother Marion Loree of Chatham, N.J.; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.
She was predeceased by her maternal grandfather James Walsh in 1993, and paternal grandfather Edward Loree in 1999.
Friends may call on Thursday, June 27, 2013, from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the Wallingford-Aldous Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be held Friday, June 28, at 10 a.m. at Christ the King Church, 66 South Main Street, Rutland. Burial will follow in St. Patrick’s Cemetery in Wallingford, followed by a reception at the Wallingford Elementary School.
Please feel free to wear your Relay For Life or Amanda’s Panda’s shirt to the calling hours.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Relay For Life of Rutland County, Northern New England Region - Williston, VT, 55 Day Lane, Williston, Vermont 05495-4420. (Please note on checks that the donation is for the team, Amanda’s Pandas; http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=52046&pg=team&team_id=1268170.)
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.