James W. McLellan RitesJune 26,2013James W. McLellan Rites
DANBY — A graveside service for James W. McLellan, 84, who died June 17, 2013, in Rutland, was held Monday, June 24, in Danby-Scottsville Cemetery.
Officiating was Martin Hannan of Springfield, retired minister of Assembly of God.
Speakers were Bonnie McLellan and Cathy McLellan, both daughters.
Bearers were Burr Sprague, Albert Crosby, David B. McLellan, Cal Derosia, James Derosia and Mark McLellan.
Military services were provided by Rutland American Legion Post 31 Color Guard. Flag folders were John Manney and John Malosky. Ron Fairbanks presented the flag to the family. Sounding Taps was Jim Mills.
A reception followed at the Danby Firehouse.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,