James W. McLellan RitesJune 26,2013James W. McLellan Rites
DANBY — A graveside service for James W. McLellan, 84, who died June 17, 2013, in Rutland, was held Monday, June 24, in Danby-Scottsville Cemetery.
Officiating was Martin Hannan of Springfield, retired minister of Assembly of God.
Speakers were Bonnie McLellan and Cathy McLellan, both daughters.
Bearers were Burr Sprague, Albert Crosby, David B. McLellan, Cal Derosia, James Derosia and Mark McLellan.
Military services were provided by Rutland American Legion Post 31 Color Guard. Flag folders were John Manney and John Malosky. Ron Fairbanks presented the flag to the family. Sounding Taps was Jim Mills.
A reception followed at the Danby Firehouse.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool