James W. McLellan RitesJune 26,2013James W. McLellan Rites
DANBY ó A graveside service for James W. McLellan, 84, who died June 17, 2013, in Rutland, was held Monday, June 24, in Danby-Scottsville Cemetery.
Officiating was Martin Hannan of Springfield, retired minister of Assembly of God.
Speakers were Bonnie McLellan and Cathy McLellan, both daughters.
Bearers were Burr Sprague, Albert Crosby, David B. McLellan, Cal Derosia, James Derosia and Mark McLellan.
Military services were provided by Rutland American Legion Post 31 Color Guard. Flag folders were John Manney and John Malosky. Ron Fairbanks presented the flag to the family. Sounding Taps was Jim Mills.
A reception followed at the Danby Firehouse.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.